Tuesday, December 11, 2007

'08 and beyond

This New Year's, I am not making resolutions. I never have been very good at keeping them anyway.

But for '08, I am changing some things.

I'm talking about a new set of priorities that I want to shape the rest of my years, not just this one.

These aren't resolutions like "quit smoking"; these are principles that will help me get to where I want to go.

I call these my New Year's Affirmations.

1. More downtime

2. Less time in the car

3. More time making music

4. No more J.O.B. - "just over broke"

5. Make money creatively

6. Save money creatively

7. Travel

8. Spend more time making love


I have ended '07 on such a contemplative note, and these have been the things rattling around in my head. If you read this, its probably because you know the music I make with tPC, but there is so much more to me than that, and I feel like I don't share it with the world because I am spending too much time keeping up in the rat race.

But f*ck that. The time's come for me to get mine.

No comments: