Friday, August 10, 2007

Quest: Music Choice On-Demand


Its the build-up to the release of our next video, "The O.N.E.", and I am still servicing our last one, "Smokers Delight"! Oh well, at least the tPC name will be fresh in the programmers' minds when the new vid hits the streets in a couple of weeks.

I finally got some clean version beta masters I needed fr0m C-Dub, so it was time to get a kit to DJ Mecca, Music Choice's programmer of urban formats.

Even though we are just servicing the beta version of the video, I always send along a DVD version, for the programmer's office, so they can pop it in and watch it right then on their computer or TV. Gotta include a copy of the album and some business cards, too.

I always do my best to create "matching luggage": DVD, CD, and press kit packaging that goes together. Here I used the smoking girl motif on all of my items...after all, the song is called "Smokers Delight".


Nothing says "professional" to me like good ol' branding, so I make sure to include our logo on our address label. My hope is that by looking the part, it will make sure she remembers who she is getting this package from, and hopefully, will recognize our brand from previous viewing.

After that, it's in the hands of the man....even though I used USPS today, instead of a UPS or DHL, I still made sure to get a tracking number. Don't go to all of the trouble of getting your video to a programmer, only to have it get lost along the way and you don't know it!

No comments: